The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, longtime partners with us and great supporters of best-practices development as it relates to ending family homelessness, have extended a $ 200,000 challenge grant to local Rotary Clubs in the Pacific Northwest, aimed at promoting solutions for this crisis. They are targeting the following solutions, which Helping Hand House supports and is a Pierce County leader in…
• Early intervention and prevention before people lose their housing;
• Coordinated access to determine exactly what support each family requires to stabilize themselves;
• Programs tailored to meet the unique needs of individual families;
• Rapid re-housing into permanent homes, not temporary shelter; and
• Increased economic opportunity to help parents reduce the gap between income and rent.
New partnership with the Gates Foundation will provide up to $200,000 to local organizations working to end family homelessness…(more in the attached article here (PDF))